Strahman sampling valves extract fluid directly from the pipeline. They can be used under high pressure or even high vacuum conditions. Strahman’s line of sampling valves produces samples without failure. (Sediment or clogging cannot stop this valve from producing a live sample.) In the closed position, the valve piston extends to the inner surface of the pipe and prevents any possibility of the valve inlet becoming plugged. When the valve is in the open position, the piston retracts into the bonnet allowing a full flow.
The main function of these valves is to draw a live sample from the process. Product may be added to the pipeline through the valve (injection) or removed from the pipeline (sampling).
AVAILABLE VALVE MODELS:
SV-500 (3/8” x 1/4” & 3/8” x 3/8” NPT)
SV-600 (1/2” x 3/8” & 1/2” x 1/2” NPT)
SV-700 (3/4” x 1/2” & 3/4” x 3/4” NPT)
SV-800 (1” x 3/4” & 1” x 1” NPT)
SV-900 (1 1/4” x 1” NPT)
SV-1000 (1 1/2” x 1 1/4” NPT)
SV-700FLG (3/4” & 1” ANSI 150 Integral Inlet Flange)
SV-800FLG (1” ANSI 150 Integral Inlet Flange)
HARD SEAT DESIGN AVAILABLE FOR ANSI 600, 1000°F SERVICE
SV-7HS (3/4” X 1/2” & 3/4” NPT)
SV-8HS (1” X 3/4” & 1” NPT
SERIES DV, STANDARD RANGE
Original Strahman Ram-Type Drain Valve
• Quality System Registered to ISO 9001:2008 Certificate #003264
• Valve flanges meet the requirements of ANSI B16.5
• All valves manufactured in accordance to ASME/ANSI B16.34 standard
• All Valves 100% Leak Tested for bubble tight shut-off
• Vacuum pressure tested to 28 vacuum inches of mercury (0.94 PSIA)
• Strahman 1-inch to 6-inch 150, 300, & 600 Class ANSI drain valves
qualify by design to API Fire Test for Valves
• 3/16-inch RF on the inlet flange for mating to Strahman drain valve
nozzles, adapters and inserts.
• 45° and 60° straight neck discharges are standard
• Packing Materials:
– Teflon rated -328°F (-200°C) to 450°F (232°C)
– MR to 650°F (343°C)
– Graphite rated to 1000°F (538°C)
– TFM 1600 rated -328°F (-200°C) to 450°F (232°C)
• 1-inch, 2-inch and 3-inch, 900, 1100 and 1500 Class ANSI RF flanges*
• 1-inch through 6-inch 150, 300 and 600 Class ANSI RF flanges*
• 8-inch, 10-inch and 12-inch, 150 and 300 Class ANSI RF
• Optional flanges include DIN, British Standard, JIS, ANSI RJ,
flat face and quick disconnect*
• Manual Handwheel
• Gear Operator
• Air Cylinder (with or without external switches)
• Hydraulic Cylinder (with or without external switches)
• Motor (electric or pneumatic) with external switches
• Multi-turn Electric Rotork motor with internal switches†
* For 316 and 316L stainless steel pressure and temperature ratings see the tables below.
For all other sizes and materials consult Strahman direct.
† Other multi-turn operators available upon request
Piston Type Sampling Valves are widely employed in the sampling of thick slurries and viscous materials because their design provides little to no dead space within the valve and vessel or line connection. The piston completely fills the valve and connection bores and provides a self-cleaning (self-pigging) action during the closing stroke of the valve. The common design of this type of valve also utilizes a very long stroke to completely withdraw the piston from the media flow.
Strahman’s Quick Advance Sampling Valves offer all of the features typically found in piston type sampling valves with the convenience of a quick open/close feature of a ball valve. The QA series uses a rack and gear combination to maintain the linear motion of the piston and provides the valve with a full piston design while traveling just 1/3 turn. This results in less time and labor required to collect a true, representative sample.
STANDARD FEATURES FOR QA SERIES PISTON TYPE SAMPLING VALVES
SINGLE PULL ACTUATION TO OPEN / CLOSE — using just a 1/3 turn the valve can be stroked from full open to full closed position. The rack and gear combination translates the rotary motion into linear movement.
FULL PISTON DESIGN — the piston fills the entire bore of the valve with no clearance. A true representative sample is always assured.
COMPRESSIBLE PACKING RINGS — employing a pair of rings above and below the valve discharge provides a seatless design that meets the requirements of ANSI leakage Class VI.
FLOW CONTROL — inherent design features flow control sample positions and provide metering flow options to ensure accurate sample quantities
INTEGRAL HANDLE LOCK — The handle includes a locking device that ensures the valve will not open under process pressure, vibration or by incidental contact.
SAFETY STOP — prevents the QA series valve from opening if the handle is released.